Friday 11 January 2008

I smell progression

Training has been epic recently.

Everything seems to be coming at once, everything is bigger, faster. And I'm more confident, I'll take backtucks/flips for example.

A week or so a go I went to the gym in Bradford, and learnt backtucks, then, few days later got them onto grass, day after, took them onto concrete.

This was odd for me, because I had been able to do sideflips for months but never had the balls to take it onto concrete, but almost straight away I was happy to backflip on concrete.

My backflips are off things by the way.

It's not parkour progression, but its mental progression.

And training last night, just being imaginative, using the skills I've learnt to move, for the sake of moving.

I've also got my underbars down to a point where I am very pleased with them, they used to be a movement I just could not do, now I love them!

I also did a large wall run, twice my height with a ledge sticking out about 8 inches. The wall was super grippy but I was taking off wet grass, this didnt bother me, I was getting quite close and I just thought to myself, run a little faster, and I did, got my hands on, was an amazing sense of achievment, especially when I had looked at the wall run about 3 months before and thought that wall run would take another year of training to get.

Just need to get stronger now.

No comments: